Remote sensing services for quantifying water management
WaterWatch is a scientific advisory firm that diagnoses historic and current water management practices across large irrigated river basins by means of satellite measurements. We help in providing key data for integrated water and environmental resources plans in regions where complete and accessible data records are scarce.
Our projects focus on:
- crop water productivity or water use efficiency (kg/m3 and $/m3)
- irrigation and drainage performance, including a socio-economic dimension
- agricultural and ecological drought analysis
- water conservation and water savings (i.e. ET reduction)
- groundwater management and aquifer restoration plans
- access to water resources in rural areas
- water use planning
WaterWatch is the original developer and intellectual owner of Surface Energy Balance Algorithm for Land (SEBAL). SEBAL computes actual, potential and reference evapotranspiration, root zone soil moisture and biomass growth from low resolution (1 km) and high resolution (30 m) satellite images with minimum inputs.
WaterWatch executes projects in Belgium, Brazil, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, India, Iran, Kazahstan, Mali, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Poland, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tunesia, Turkey, Ukraine, the USA, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen.
For more information about our subsidiary in the United States (SNA Inc.) please visit Sebal.us/